Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Examined Life

For the past couple of years I've used some of my spare time in the summer for brainstorming, praying, and dreaming over the various ministries that I'm involved in and for myself personally. This summer has been no different.

It was Plato who said "The unexamined life is the wasted life." And since I don't want to waste a moment, I figure that I have better keep examining. Some questions that I've been asking myself include:

-what is the purpose behind this?
-where do I see this going?
-is this area of my life or ministry producing fruit?
-do I still feel called to serve here?
-how can I get others on board?
-is there anything I can or should be doing differently?

Through this time of examining, I've seen the hand of God. Both through looking back, feeling His leading and seeing Him answer prayers. Some of these answers have come in unexpected ways, but that's what makes life interesting, isn't it?

The road hasn't been easy to get to this point, but I can honestly say that I am very excited about where God is directing both my life and the ministries that I have a privilege of being involved in. Changes are coming yes, but I'm convinced that change truly is a good thing!

No comments: