Monday, August 14, 2006

The "Something Major"

"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires."
Psalm 37:4

For the past five months my belief in the words of Psalm 37 has been tested. You see it has been a lifelong dream of mine to write a book and have it published. Last summer I felt that the time to write was now, so I took a step of faith and started to write.

That decision was further confirmed when a publisher approached me and said that they wanted to publish my book, so I kept writing and finally came up with a finished product.

Unfortunately before I could sign a contract (or maybe that was fortunate) the company sold to another publisher who converted it into an educational publishing house. So I was left with a 35,000 word document and a broken dream.

As I submitted my proposal to other companies and got a lot of "sorry we have a full line-up, try again later" emails, I started to doubt if maybe this book idea was just something I wanted for me and not something God wanted for me. But deep down inside the fire was still burning.

Well that little fire got a dose of gasoline recently when another publishing company offered me a deal!!! Supposedly they were impressed with the content of the sample chapters they saw and really liked my writing style.

Needless to say, the whole experience is very surreal! Because not only does this mean that a lifelong dream is being turned into reality, but it could open up so many doors for my future it's hard to believe! By the way this was the "something major" that I was talking about a couple of weeks ago. Sorry I couldn't share the details sooner, but I had to wait until everything was finalized.

So what's happening with it right now? Well I just finished my final edit of the manuscript and now I'm in the process of choosing possible photos for the book cover. And at the same time, final edits for my "author website" have be completed and it's now online. You can take a look at it by visiting www.kristenmcnulty.com. I'd love to hear any feedback that you guys have on it!

Praise God for the desires that He places within our hearts and for the way that He arranges our futures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow , I had remembered in some earlier blogs the 3 sample chapters you had in your book , and remembered that it was your dream to have a book published with you as the author , I didnt post a comment bc i didnt want to ruin it for ppl , but i did have a feeling that was the big news.

Now that your lifelong dream has been met, what is next? lol

Congradulations on publishing your first book.

You have been an encouragement to my life just from hearing your stories of times you were in pain and how with Gods strength you were able to look to Him through it all, through the trials and hardtimes, but as it shows , it only makes you stronger in Him

May God richly continue to Bless you as you press on for Him, Praying for ya!

s said...

congrats, kristen!! how exciting that it's finally happening! looking forward to reading it and, of course, getting it signed by the author. :)

Kristen said...

Chris- I don't know what's next. It's kind of scary in a way because all of this has happened and I'm only 23. Even I can't imagine what God has in store for the rest of my life!

Thanks for your words. I am really happy to know that God has used the situations I've been in to encourage you!

Steph- you'll definitely get a signed copy, although I can't promise that you'll be able to read what has been written. I guess I should start working on my penmanship!