Thursday, August 31, 2006

Number 5 is no more!!!

Ok, so I went to the doctors today and I have really good news: my cyst has burst!!! Yes that's right, number five is no more! Contrary to what my sister wanted me to do, I did not name this one (she named my previous four).

To say that I'm relieved is an understatement! I was so hoping to not have to have surgery again because to be quite honest, I don't think that my body has still yet fully recovered from the last ordeal. I know emotionally I was definitely not prepared to have to do something like that again, so I'm very happy that I don't have to.

So what does this mean for the future? Well I had a choice to make. I can continue to go for ultrasounds and tests every few months to see what's happening and keep monitoring everything, but I have chosen not to. Maybe it's something I will change my mind on in the future, but I my reasoning now is that I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life: being supersensitive about every pain or twinge, going for test after test, waiting for results and then doing the whole cycle again.

No, I'd rather enjoy every day and not worry about what may or may not happen in the future. Some may call that irresponsible, but after almost three years of dealing with these cysts, I've come to the point where this is something I feel comfortable doing.

So thank you all for your prayers and support! The prayers definitely worked and I feel truly blessed to have such a great group of people around me :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo WOOOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anonymous said...

Hey that is so great to hear!

Johanna

Anonymous said...

This is great news! Rest in Him for a while, and let Him lead you on when the time is right!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you, but not surprised. I had this feeling in my spirit-man that everything would be okay.

Kristen said...

Thanks everyone :)