Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Wedding

Last weekend, on October 10 to be exact, was my little brothers wedding.  Yes, I realize I should have posted this days ago, but after the wedding I was so tired from all the busyness that blogging was the last thing on my mind.  But it's better late than never, right?

So back to the wedding.  The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was fantastic.  It was great fun to re-connect with some family and friends I hadn't seen in a long while and the celebration was unique and very much them.  From the mess-up during the ceremony and their reactions to it (one of the rings was put on the wrong hand!) to the speeches and stories to the dance to ending the evening with fireworks, everything contributed to making a very memorable day.

Part of my role for the wedding was putting together the slideshow and doing a speech and in the process, I took quite a few trips down memory lane.  Through that I realized just how lucky I am to have grown up where I did and with the people I did.  When we were younger we lived in the country and there weren't a lot of kids around, so my siblings and I were literally forced to become best friends with each other if we wanted to have any fun.  And what fun we did have.  From playing hours of hockey outside to making our own cabins in the bush to sumo wrestling in the snow to building our own "bob sled" track and doing crazy stunts on the toboggan, we are all blessed with many great memories of growing up together.

So thank you to those of you were praying for the wedding.  Your prayers were definitely answered.  The weather was beautiful and everything ran very smoothly.  God was certainly in the midst of it all :)

No comments: