Thursday, January 29, 2009

Embracing Life

Lately I've been learning to treasure every day, every moment. Not waiting to live, but embracing the miracle found in each moment here and now.

I'm allowing myself to dream, opening my heart and mind to the possibilities that exist and the God who is the ultimate dream-giver. In Him all things truly are possible and it's only in Him that abundant life is found.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10)

Too many times in the past I've let the thief steal moments from me, content to just let life take it's own course, but no more. I've been grabbing the reigns and not just letting life happen, but going out there and creating my own life story.

Going to Chicago. Spending time in God's creation on my own- canoeing and reflecting. Seeking out friendships. Buying that Hemingway and actually reading it. Playing hockey and giving all I have until I can barely stand (oh they joys of sleep troubles). And this weekend: travelling to a province that's right next door, yet I've never visited, for a hockey and ski adventure.

Life is a gift and gifts are meant to be opened and used. How have you been living lately?

No comments: