I finally filled this "25 Things About Me" thing out on facebook and I thought I'd post it here as well:
1. I love to travel, but I've not yet been outside of North America. My favourite place that I've visited thus far has been Chicago.
2. While I watch quite a bit of movies, I seem to miss out on many of the big ones. I have still not seen all of the Lord of the Rings movies, any of the Chronicles of Narnia, and most of the Star Wars films.
3. I only got my first cavity this year.
4. I have lived in the same town all my life and show no signs of moving anytime soon (for the record, I actually like it here!)
5. I dislike shopping with other people. I want to go in, get what I want and get out.
6. I wrote one book and had it published. I have another one finished that's waiting to be published and ideas for two more.
7. Growing up, I would play hockey with my brother all the time. We had a rink outside, I was on a hockey team that played Saturday mornings, and in the summer we would play with rollerblades on in our unfinished basement. If that wasn't enough we developed our own version of mini-sticks called "hallway hockey" that we would play in the house. Yet with all of this obsession with hockey, I rarely watch it on TV and don't keep track of teams or stats.
8. During the year 2007 I slept only 3 to 4 hours a night and survived, although I wouldn't recommend it!
9. I own a copyright.
10. My nickname as a kid was "the memory elephant" because of my excellent retention skills. Fast forward to the current day and while I can remember useless bits of information, I can barely remember what I did two days ago.
11. I own a cell phone, but I barely use it. I'm "plugged in" when I'm at home, but when I'm out, I want to be disconnected.
12. Not only do I have a huge love of reading, but I adore books. I have three bookshelves that are packed full of books and it's a struggle for me to pass a bookstore and not go in and buy something.
13. I love news, current events, and politics. I visit various news sites multiple times a day and actually subscribe to MacLeans. If we had cable tv or satellite, I'd never get anything done.
14. If I get sick, it's rarely a "normal" sick. I've been told more times than I can count by doctors "I've never seen this before" or "this shouldn't have happened". Yes, I'm unique.
15. I've developed a love for photography and terms like aperture, shutter speed and ISO have become a part of my vocabulary.
16. When I'm tired I have a hard time pronouncing certain words. Not good for someone on the radio.
17. I refuse to eat seafood of any kind.
18. I've worked at a few different places, but I've never been on a job interview.
19. I've set foot in all of the Great Lakes.
20. Although I wouldn't consider myself I poet, I did win a poetry contest once. I got some pretty sweet prizes too.
21. I have 3/4 of a university degree and while I'd love to finish it, that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.
22. I own both a PC and a mac- let the battles begin!
23. I rarely get surprised. I usually have a sense of how things are going to turn out or what's going to happen before they actually do.
24. My way of unwinding is playing Tiger Woods Golf on my xbox 360.
25. The best thing in my life is hands down my relationship with Jesus. I don't know where I'd be without His strength and grace.