Tuesday, October 03, 2006

History is in the making...

Let me start this post with a disclaimer: I am not a dancer. I never have been one and I don't really feel any overwhelming desire to be one now. But years of watching my sister's recitals has taught me something: I may not be a dancer, but I can choreograph.

Sounds strange, I know. How can someone who doesn't know the moves, figure out the dance? I don't know, but I do know that it's happening.

As some of you know, my sister has been involved in organizing dances for different Christian events in and around the Timmins area for the past three years. Well usually I played some sort of small role, like picking the music and operating the sound system. But this time around I've taken on a different role. Just call me Kristen the choreographer.

After choosing the song, this incredible picture came to me of what the dance could look like and the powerful impact that it could make. Scenes flashed across my mind and to my dismay, I actually became really excited about this possibility. So with my family listening, I explained to Erin my idea for the dance and explained the different moves that the background dancers could do while the two main dancers did their thing in the front. And in the words of my brother: "It's surprisingly good."

And so Erin will be leading a group of dancers to do a routine to Matthew West's song "History" for a retreat that will be happening in a couple of months. And this time instead of pressing play and pause on the stereo, I will be helping to put it together. Scary.

It's kind of crazy the way God has teamed up my sister and I because personality wise, we're very different. And the same goes for talents and giftings. But at the same time, we compliment each other and this isn't the first time God has moved us to join forces to do something together for Him and I'm sure it won't be the last.

History by Matthew West
It's been a bad day
You've been looking back
And all you can see is everything you wish you could take back
All your mistakes
A world of regrets
All of those moments you would rather forget
I know it's hard to believe
Let me refresh your memory

CHORUS
Yesterday is history
And history is miles away
So, leave it all behind you
But let it always remind you of the day
The day that love made history

You know you can't stay right where you fell
The hardest part is forgiving yourself
But let's take a walk into today
And don't let your past get in the way

Would you believe that you are history in the making, in the making?
Every choice that you are making
Every step that you are taking
Every chain that you are breaking
History is in the making
Every word that you are saying
Every prayer that you are praying
Every chain that you are breaking
History is in the making

No comments: