Friday, March 03, 2006

A Preview Just For You!

As some of you may or may not know I spent a good deal of my summer working on a book project titled "Walking Through A Fallen World". The primary of the focus being why bad things happen to good people and what we can learn from the hard times in our lives.

I was even blessed to be given a publishing agreement for the book, but unfortunately I found out just recently that the publisher was sold to another and I got lost in the shuffle.

But I'm not letting that stop me. I've revised the book to tell my story of the past couple of months, while incorporating the teaching portion of it around the story. The new title is "From The ER to the OR: A Spiritual Journey Through Illness" and I've spoken to a few publishers about it and I'm hopeful that it will be published soon.

In the meantime I thought I would give you guys a preview. Below are links where you can download or read the first three chapters. If you can't read them in that format, please email me and I will send it to you as a .doc file.

How Did I Get So (Un)lucky?
Can Someone Turn Off That Megaphone?
Christmas In October (And other ER adventures)

If you have a chance to read the chapters, I'd love to hear your feedback on it! Drop me an email or leave a comment here!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Alysia!
Thanks for stopping by and for reading the chapters. Too bad you're still in school because if you were the nurse on my case, I doubt it would have ever gone this far!

Oh well, there's always next time (just kidding- I seriously hope there will never be a next time).

And yes, welcome to the bookclub- you're the founding member- congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

I'm in your book! I was there at your cottage when you were writing! Ha.
You have a good story. and good real honest struggles. So I'm normal?
Don Miller spoke in chapel this week and he compared us to this little girl, Cassie (3), who threw herself on the floor in a tantrum b/c she wanted chicken nuggets, but her parents didn't have any. As she was rolling around she said, very seriously, "I can't believe you're doing this to me!"...I feel like Cassie. And the father responded, saying - Cassie, I have all night. Now come back to the table and eat your supper."
Thanks for sharing your story. I look forward to hearing the rest! And even though I know about your situation, I learned a lot more in these 3 chapters :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen , I read the 3 chapters of your book and they are awesome. Despite knowing of what has happened ive found ive learned alot more from these chapters. I hope things are going much better for you and continue praying for ya. Although some of my friends may not know the full circumstances, we continue to pray for ya.

CCF and Chris Mascioli

Kristen said...

Mary, yes that was the weekend last summer we were all out at the cottage. Actually one of the quotes that you gave me that weekend is included in another chapter. That's a great story from Donald Miller, thanks for sharing it :)

Chris, thanks so much for your prayers- I appreciate them so much. And thanks for reading the chapters- it's good to know that I wasn't just writing them for myself :)